Cheap Accommodation in Port Douglas
Port Douglas has long been known for it's flashy expensive resorts since back in the day when disgrace tycoon Christopher Scase developed some of the bigger properties in the area. Back then it was the glamour place for Australian tourism a world away in tropical north Queensland north of Cairns. Back then in the 1980 air travel was more exotic in comparison today when you can catch a flight to nearby Cairns cheaply from almost anywhere in Australia and even internationally. And why wouldn’t you want to spend time in the laid back coastal tourism strip sitting between the wet tropics rainforest and the Great Barrier Reef.
April between Port Douglas and Cairns
Cheap Accommodation in Port Douglas
Best Western Lazy Lizard Motor Inn
One of our top pics for around $100 per night is the Best Western Lazy Lizard Motor Inn . Not only is the room rate good but you can also opt to cook yourself with the 22 air-conditioned rooms having kitchenettes with refrigerators and microwaves. and the bathrooms have complimentary toiletries. Not bad for a little piece of luxury in port.
Even the drive from Cairns airport to Port Douglas is surely one of the worlds great drives. While taking a little over an hour every corner and turn is spectacular to say the least. I've been fortunate enough in recent years to drive some of the worlds foremost coastal drives including the Great Ocean Road and the Cabot Trail in North America. While these are great this unheralded highway is equally as impressive with grand vistas looking out over the winding cliffs road out to the reef playground beyond.
Over the years I've spent a lot of time
staying at accommodation venues in the area and have even worked at
some of them. From backpackers to stylish five star resorts Port
Douglas doesn't have any shortage of options and almost the entire
working population of the town and almost half the buildings are
involved in the accommodation and tourism industrious.
View from Port Doaglas
Road to Port Douglas
Plenty to make that flight to Cairns these days to stay in one of the Port Douglas luxury resorts that have sprung up around the original mega resorts. But what about the budget family friendly accommodation in Port Douglas.
Queensland Vacation Spots - Atherton Tableland, Brisbane, Bunya Mountains, Cairns, Cape Tribulation, Crocodiles, Fitzroy Island, Girraween , Gold Coast, Great Barrier Reef, Green Island, Kuranda, Paronella Park, Port Douglas, Sunshine Coast, Townsville to Airlie, Toowoomba, Whitehaven Beach.
Ricky on Four Mile Beach Port Douglas
Map of Port Douglas
Four Mile Beach Port Douglas
The video below will help you see how to find the top family friendly accommodation options anywhere.
We recommend always to check reviews on TripAdvisor (use this link) before booking any travel deals.
- Accorhotels - 50% off second room for kids.
- All Inclusive- The top family all inclusive discounts
- Atlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas - Save up to 40%
- Beaches Luxury Family Resorts- 65% off, free scuba and more.
- CheapAir.com - Cheap Airfares
- Cheap Caribbean - Great family packaged deals by this network are available all over the Caribbean. Including up to 65% off.
- Cruisedirect - Up to 80% OFF. .
- Expedia - Discounted Family Vacation packages and last minute deals.
- First Choice - Amazing all inclusive family holiday specialist in Europe.
- FlipKey - Family Vacation Rentals in 1200 locations
- Intrepid Family Adventure - Find Family adventures with 1600 itineraries.
- G Family Adventures -Big clearance on last minute family itineraries worldwide.
- Holiday Inn - Kids Stay and Eat for Free
- HomeExchange - We are into the sharing economy in a big way and this site makes it easy.
- HomeForExchange - Another great family home exchange with 13,000 listings in 80+ countries
- Motel 6 - Pet Friendly and budget offers. With kids stay free and rooms from $39 road trips are now affordable.
- Priceline - Save with bidding and Package Offers of up to $500 off
- TripAdvisor - Allows you to search by family friendly option. Go to place to read reviews. Also one of the best places to find vacation rentals.